Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
IntraCytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
What Is ICSI?
The term “intracytoplasmic” describes the location of the sperm injection into the cytoplasm of an egg. This is the gel-like substance, made composed of water, salt, and other molecules, the centre of an egg.
Who Needs ICSI?
ICSI is most helpful in cases of male fertility. ICSI may be suggested if a patient has any of the following conditions:
- Anejaculation (inability to ejaculate).
- Blocked male reproductive system.
- Low sperm count.
- Poor sperm quality.
- Reversed Ejaculation (semen flows backward into the bladder).
You may also require ICSI if:
- No embryos even after using conventional IVF.
- The egg supplier is more than 35 years of age.
- You are trying to procreate using eggs or sperm that have already been frozen (Cryopreservation).
What Are The Procedures To Perform ICSI?
Your healthcare professional must gather the eggs and sperm before performing ICSI.
For egg retrieval, these procedures are followed:
- Ovulation induction :(also known as ovarian stimulation)- This procedure involves administering medicated injections to the egg donor for 8 to 14 days. This prompts your ovaries to start maturing several eggs at once. The ultimate maturation of the eggs will then be aided by an injection of Lupron or human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG).
- Egg retrieval: Your doctor will introduce a tiny needle into your ovaries through the vaginal wall under the guidance of transvaginal ultrasound technology. There is no pain because a little anesthetic drug is used to complete this phase. The eggs are extracted and collected using a suction apparatus attached to the needle.
The egg retrieval and sperm collection both happen on the same day unless you’re utilizing frozen sperm. Whoever is providing the sperm:
- Refrains from having sex or masturbating for two to three days until sperm collection.
- Ejaculates, collecting into a container provided by the lab in a private room at a reproductive clinic. Within 60 minutes after ejaculation, the laboratory must receive the specimen.
To determine sperm amount, motility, and quality, a semen analysis is performed right away. A sperm collection procedure like PESA and microscopic testicular sperm extraction might be necessary for people who have azoospermia, anejaculation, or retrograde ejaculation. This is also true for those who attempt a vasectomy reversal but fail. For use in clinic IVF procedures later, sperm may be frozen and stored in a laboratory.
ICSI is used in approximately 6 out of 10 IVF treatments. ICSI and conventional IVF both have the same success rates for conceiving a child. It is predicted that fertilization occurs in 50% to 80% of ICSI efforts.
The award-winning RoboICSI technology helps the embryologist during IVF to improve the results, assisting infertile couples in having a child. RoboICSI, a patent-pending product based on an innovative design methodology, will aid in bridging the supply and demand gaps in the rapidly expanding infertile market. It will be a Made in India product that will lead the way by introducing a number of features to the world.
It is a sophisticated equipment that makes it easier for the embryologist to execute ICSI. The holding pipette used in the traditional ICSI is replaced by RoboICSI.
Benefits Of Robo ICSI
New methods of manipulation
In contrast to the conventional micro-pipette aspiration-based immobilisation, RoboICSI® provides a revolutionary method for capturing cells utilising biocompatible material, which has several advantages.
Gentle cell handling
Even if the embryologist makes a mistake, RoboICSIclever ®’s passive force-limiting technology ensures that the oocyte is not harmed.
Simple and speedy installation
The devices now employed in ICSI workbenches were taken into consideration throughout the design and development of RoboICSI®. The plug-and-play technology of RoboICSI® enables the user to rapidly connect the system, carry out the auto-calibration, and get going in approximately a day.
Seamless integration and simple onboarding
Because RoboICSI® is simple to use, clinics may quickly integrate it into their workflow.
- It removes subjectivity while working with oocytes, carries out recurring chores and lessens tiredness.
- Enhances the embryologists’ abilities and potential
- Helps IVF clinics handle higher volume