What Is Hyperpigmentation of Vulva
It's perfectly normal for the skin of your labia, scrotum, and anus to be darker than the skin elsewhere on your body. This darkening is called hyperpigmentation.
But then one day you do, and you find yourself wondering: Is everything OK?
The darkening usually stems from one of these factors
- Friction and inflammation
There are a few triggers you can avoid to minimize darkening
- avoiding tight-fitting clothing and underwear
- keeping your skin moisturized
- avoiding hair removal, like waxing or shaving, which can cause folliculitis and inflammation
- wearing sweat-wicking clothing